► Cool and Weird Stuff ► Practical Stuff ► The Big Stuff ► Paris Restaurants ► Paris Cafés ► Paris Bars ► Stuff to Do ► About
Friday, December 16, 2011
€13,858 — Surprising, huh?
Real estate in France is measured in square meters, and there's always a lot of discussion about how many square meters one's apartment is, how much per square meter a particular apartment costs, etc. I found this delightful stencil on the sidewalk of Rue des Saints-Pères, in the very fashionable (and pricey) Saint-Germain-des-Prés area in the 6th arrondissement. I have to wonder if this price is accurate (I have absolutely no notion of these kinds of things, but I figure the guy did his homework) and if the artist who made this particular stencil has perhaps made others that are specific to certain streets or neighborhoods. A neat — and humbling — idea in any case! I've daydreamed from time to time about buying an apartment in Paris someday, maybe in the Marais or Montmartre, which are two neighborhoods that are probably only a little less expensive than this one, and this stencil is a real wakeup call. Wow.
Posted by Cool Stuff in Paris at 4:54 PM
- Sculptures in a courtyard on Boulevard Saint-Germa...
- Parisian Proto-Goth Beauties, 1910
- Clever stencil of a guy stealing a no entry sign
- Vincent and Théo Van Gogh's apartment at 54 Rue Le...
- 13 858 € — Etonnant, Non?
- Colorful monster van on Rue de l'Université
- Giant creepy face on Boulevard Raspail
- Merry Christmas, Capitaine Dreyfus
- Mr. Ryde is Watching You! (Ta Gueule)
- ▼ December (9)